It's National S'mores Day! This delicious snack is widely loved by all and definitely deserves its own day!
To celebrate this wonderful treat, we found a recipe for a S’mores Cookie! It looks great, and tastes amazing (we tested it)!
- 1 package ready to bake large chocolate chip cookies (16 ounce package)
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- 10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers or good qualify milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake per package directions
- While cookies are baking, crush the graham crackers and pour the crushed crackers into a small bowl.
- When cookies are ready, transfer cookies and tray to a cooling rack.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Place 8-10 mini marshmallows on the top of each cookie and press down very lightly (just so marshmallows will stay)
- Place the cookies back in the oven, under broil, just until marshmallows begin to turn golden brown. Be sure to watch closely, marshmallows can burn quickly.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, place the tray with the cookies on a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, melt the chocolate (melt in 30 second intervals until smooth and full melted when stirred) then dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed graham cracker crumbs over the chocolate.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack until chocolate is set.
This wonderful recipe was found by one of our staff members on “The Cookie Rookie” website. The specific recipe can be found here. If you get a chance to try the recipe, let us know in the comments below how it comes out!