“Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
We’ve never encountered a member who regretted having saved, but we’ve met many remorseful they did not. When you save you give yourself the financial liberty to seize life’s big moments when they come your way. It may be a down payment on your new house, tuition to put your kids through college or just the peace of mind knowing that everything will be ok through life’s storms. Whatever the case, our caring staff and competitive dividend rates will help you plant the seeds of your financial future.
Savings Account Features & Benefits
Here's what you get when you sign up for a Savings Account:
- Detailed quarterly statements
- Competitive dividend rates
- 24/7 account access through Online Banking
- Withdraw funds with an HFS Share Card, surcharge free at any Bank of Hawaii ATM2
- Minimum balance of $50.00
- Earn dividends with an average daily balance of $100.00 or more
- Children earn dividends on their entire regular share account balance until age 18
I love the way I can access my savings online and manage it so I'm always aware of how close I am to my goals.
Special Savings Account
When you’d like to save for something special, you may consider opening a Special Savings Account. It’s like a regular Savings Account but funds are stored separately so managing your money stays simple.
- No minimum balance
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- Make deposits automatically from your other Savings Accounts
- Earn dividends at competitive interest rates
HFS Kids Club
Do you want to give your keiki a jump start on saving? At HFS we believe that it's never too early to start! We're here to help you make it as easy as possible to instill healthy money habits for your child as they grow.
- Special new account opening gift
- Open an account with just $5.00 minimum deposit!
- Receive a toy with every deposit at the branch
- Waiakea Elementary School, Kea‘au Elementary School, and St. Joseph Elementary School students and parents, get more information about our In-School Program
More About Savings Accounts
Enhance your savings experience with these complementary Savings Account services:
- Automatic Payroll Deduction. A convenient way to automate your loan payments or monthly transfers from your paycheck.
- Direct Deposit. Electronically transfer payments from your employer or other payer directly into your Checking or Savings Account, saving you the time and hassle of cashing checks.
- Express Deposit and Night Drop. Conveniently located deposit boxes available at all HFS locations to deposit checks or make payments 24/7.
- Wire Transfers. Electronically transfer money from your account to other financial institutions accounts across the country.
- Share Card. Easily withdraw money from your Savings Account at any Bank of Hawaii ATM, surcharge free.2,3
Why Open a Savings Account with HFS?
A savings account is a stepping stone in your financial journey. It can be different things to many people such as a rainy day fund, a vacation fund, or maybe your future home down payment. whatever you are saving for let HFS keep your money safe until you need it.
1 APY= Annual Percentage Yield. The dividend rates and fees may change after the account is opened and are subject to change. Fees may reduce earnings. The minimum balance to earn the stated dividend rate is $100.00.
All current and available dividend rates and fees are available in the Rates and Fees tab.
2Other fees may apply for out-of-network ATMs.
3Share Cards may only be used to access funds from a regular Savings Account. Special Savings Accounts are not accessible via this method.
Membership with the Credit Union is required and open to all who live, work, worship, attend school, volunteer or participate in associations headquartered on the island of Hawaii. A minimum opening balance of $50.00 is required to open a Savings Account.
Savings Accounts Reviewsby JamaicaGreat great deals
Very satisfied with my bank. They offered me so many helpful resourceby KainaliuGreat customer service
Staff and management very good love the e statementby NtmarykVery Accommodating
Overall, this credit union will do their very best to help customers with whatever help they can and to the best of their abilities.by MakanazmomGreat Savings - Great Account
I love the way I can access my savings online and manage it so I'm always aware of how close I am to my goals.by DaveExcellent Customer Service
Tended to by courteous and informed personnel. Banking is very convenient
Rates & Fees
Rates Effective as of: 04-01-2023
Account Type Dividend Rate Annual Percentage Yield (APY) Dividend Compounded Dividends Credited Dividend Period Regular Share 0.15% 0.15% Monthly Monthly Monthly (Calendar) Children's Savings 0.15% 0.15% Monthly Monthly Monthly (Calendar) Special Share 0.15% 0.15% Monthly Monthly Monthly (Calendar) Business/Club 0.15% 0.15% Monthly Monthly Monthly (Calendar)
(1)APY= Annual Percentage Yield. The dividend rates and fees may change after the account is opened and are subject to change. Fees may reduce earnings. The minimum balance to earn the stated dividend rate is $100.00.
The dividend rates and fees may change after the account is opened and are subject to change. Fees may reduce earnings. The minimum balance to earn the stated dividend rate is $100.00 for Regular Share and Business Share. There are no minimum balance requirements for Children's Savings and Special Share.
Membership with the Credit Union is required and open to all who live, work, worship, attend school, volunteer or participate in associations headquartered on the island of Hawaii. A minimum opening balance of $50.00 is required to open a Regular Savings Account.
Truth in Savings Disclosure
Schedule of Fees and Charges- Consumer Accounts
Schedule of Fees and Charges- Business Accounts
A Savings Account is required to establish membership with the Credit Union.
The Calculator Tools are not guarantees of credit. Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What documents do I need to become a member? How much does it cost?
To become a member of HFS, you must open at least a Savings Account. The following documents are needed to open your account:
- Legal name
- Date of birth
- Address (with verification such as a utility bill or paystub)
- Social Security Number
- Valid government issued picture identification
- $5.00 minimum deposit (for minors) or $50.00 minimum deposit (for adults)
Click here for a helpful document checklist to bring with you.
- What documents do I need to become a member? How much does it cost?