Welcome to the HFS Kids Club In-School Program page!
Update 8/31/22: HFS FCU is excited to announce that the Deposit Day Program is returning for the 2022-2023 school year! Deposit Days for all included schools will begin in October. Please see the information below for more details and required paperwork. If you have any questions, you may reach us at [email protected]
The in-school program first began 12 years ago with Kea‘au Elementary School and one year later Waiakea Elementary School was added. St. Joseph Elementary School was added to the program as well just a couple of years ago. The program features twice per month Deposit Days at each school where HFS staff members visit the campus from 7:15-7:50am and give participants the chance to make a deposit into their Savings Account. After their deposit, they get a prize (perhaps their favorite part!). It’s a wonderful opportunity to begin teaching your keiki all about developing positive savings habits, money counting skills and building confidence in managing their money from a young age.
To participate in this program, here’s what we ask that you do:
- Whether you are new to the program or a returning student, please fill out the Pre-Registration Form and it bring back to any HFS branch office, or submit via email at [email protected]
- If you are returning to the program, or already have an HFS account, please fill out sections A & C.
- Anyone needing to open an account to participate should fill out sections B & C. In addition, we ask that all adult(s)/joint owner(s) come into any HFS branch office to complete the account opening process. The following documents are what you will need to bring with you:
- Adult(s)/joint owner on account – current photo ID and verification of physical address
- Student social security number/card
- $6.00 ($1.00 membership fee + $5.00 minimum share balance)
- Let the staff member know that they will be participating in the Deposit Day Program and what school they will be participating with.
OPT IN TO EMAIL REMINDERS
After receiving feedback from parents, we implemented email reminders for Deposit Days. We’ll let you know when Deposit Days are coming up and when we have other special opportunities for your keiki. Be sure to include your email address on the pre-registration form and authorize us to email you.
Deposit Day Schedules
Deposit Day schedules for the 2022-2023 school year are linked below, by school:
For any questions regarding this program, please contact Jesica Carriaga at 930-1479 or Winnie Makaea at 930-1459. You may also email us anytime at [email protected] Mahalo!