Welcome to the HFS Kids Club In-School Program page!
The in-school program first began 8 years ago with Kea‘au Elementary School and one year later Waiakea Elementary School was added . The program features twice per month Deposit Days at each school where HFS staff members visit the campus from 7:00-7:50am and give participants the chance to make a deposit into their Savings Account. After their deposit, they can then choose a prize from our treasure chest (perhaps their favorite part!). It’s a wonderful opportunity to begin teaching your keiki all about developing positive savings habits, money counting skills and building confidence in managing their money from a young age.
To participate in this program, here’s what we ask that you do:
- For parents whose keiki already have an HFS account, please fill out this form and bring back to any HFS branch office. Be sure to indicate whether your child will be participating at Waiakea Elementary School or Kea‘au Elementary School.
- If your child does not already have an account, please come into any HFS branch office to open an HFS Kids Club account. The following documents are what you will need to open the account:
- Adult(s)/joint owner on account – current photo ID
- Student social security number/card
- Verification of adult(s)/joint owners’ physical address
- $6.00 ($1.00 membership fee + $5.00 minimum share balance)
- Let the staff member know that they will be participating in the Deposit Day Program and what school they will be participating with.
NEW THIS YEAR!
After receiving feedback from parents, we decided to implement email reminders about Deposit Days this school year. We’ll let you know when Deposit Days are coming up and when we have other special opportunities for your keiki. Be sure to include your email address on this form and authorize us to email you.
Below is a schedule of deposit days where representatives from HFS Federal Credit Union will be located in the Cafeteria from 7:00am – 7:50am to collect deposits. We look forward to seeing you there!
- November 14, 2018
- November 28, 2018
- December 12, 2018
- January 9, 2019
- January 23, 2019
- February 6, 2019
- February 20, 2019
- March 6, 2019
- April 3, 2019
- April 17, 2019
For any questions regarding this program, please contact Ashley Yamamoto at 930-1452 or Jesica Pacheco at 930-1479. You may also email us anytime at [email protected] Mahalo!