So we all hear about the avocado toast craze that supposedly is popular among the millennial generation. In all honesty though, many of us go crazy for avocados, regardless of age!
Today is National Avocado Day! In celebration of this wonderful day, we’ll be sharing an easy homemade guacamole recipe with you! We know that avocados can be pricey in the grocery store, but chances are you may have friends or family members with an avocado tree. Which means they may have more avocados than they know what to do with! I’d bet they would be willing to share.
We found this recipe on Inspired Taste and there’s even a video you can watch to see how it’s made. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 3 ripe Haas (or other variety) avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 large Plum or Roma tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno or Serrano pepper (optional)
- Add diced onion to a small bowl then cover with warm water, set aside. This “de-flames” the onions, making them less intense. Let this sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl.
- Add lime or lemon juice, then use a fork to gently mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, de-flamed onions, salt and diced peppers (if using). Taste the guacamole and adjust with additional salt, peppers or lime juice.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap by pushing the plastic wrap down onto the guacamole and refrigerate up to one day.
That’s all there is to it! This is a perfect BBQ side dish to bring to the next party you attend or host. As always, any recipe can be adjusted to fit your individual taste buds. Enjoy! Let us know in the comments below how it came out if you try the recipe for yourself!
Find the recipe here: Easy Homemade Guacamole Recipe
Leave a Reply