Spaghetti is a staple meal in our household, but sometimes it helps to change up the recipe a little. When I found this Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti recipe, it was a hit and became another easy go-to recipe so it was just perfect to share it with you for National Spaghetti Day on January 4th!
If you love spaghetti and you love cheese, this will definitely be the perfect recipe for you to try. It doesn’t take much more effort than making regular spaghetti, but still tastes great (even better if you ask me)! We found this recipe on therecipecritic.com and it’s been taste tested and passed with flying colors. Here’s everything you need to know to make this for you and your family:
- 12 oz. of Spaghetti
- 1 (28 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain the oil and add spaghetti sauce. Set aside. (if you make your spaghetti sauce a little differently, you can also make it however you are used to)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Once done, drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the noodles are coated. It will help you a lot if you make sure to let the cream cheese soften before trying to mix it with the noodles.
- Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a greased 9×13 dish. Put the spaghetti on top of the sauce and top with the remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until your dish is bubbly and heated through.
Tried the recipe? Comment below to tell us how it came out! Check out our other Simple Eats recipes for more inspiration in the kitchen.