Are you looking for that perfect holiday recipe? Well, this just might be it!
If your family is like mine, we get together in the mornings and celebrate with breakfast before we open gifts as a family. This recipe for Gingerbread Pancakes, found on allrecipes.com, is a perfect and simple twist on a classic breakfast favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. Beat the egg in a separate mixing bowl with the vanilla and molasses until smooth. Whisk in the water until completely incorporated. Stir the flour mixture into the molasses mixture until just combined – a few lumps in the batter is okay.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat (you can cook these on the stove as well). Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip, and continue to cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
We hope this festive recipe helps get you into the holiday spirit. Happy Holidays from all of us at HFS Federal Credit Union!