Although this recipe is called a "brittle", it really serves as a fantastic granola to top your yogurt, or snack on by itself.
One of our staff members eats this everyday with yogurt and we heard rave reviews about how great it was from everyone who had tried it. When we saw that January 21st was National Granola Day, we just had to ask for the recipe so we could share it with you. Once we got it, we were surprised at how simple it really is to make! Give it a try and let us know how you like it.
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups Cheerio cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Prepare your cookie sheet by lining with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat butter, sugar and syrup together over medium heat. Stirring frequently until mixture boils.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until well coated. Spread evenly on your prepared cookie sheet with a rubber spatula, about 1/2″ thick.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until almonds are golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Once cooled, break into pieces and store in a covered container. Enjoy!