What better summer time recipe than BBQ pulled chicken?!
Many pulled chicken recipes are made for the slow cooker, which is simple to prepare, but takes hours until the chicken is ready to eat. When you just need a simple and quick recipe, this one is it. This recipe came from the DinnerThenDessert website.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut diagonally into the chicken breasts about 1/4 inch deep in an x shape to help the bbq sauce flavor more of the chicken
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss well together until mixed
- Add the chicken to a sheet pan and pour the sauce over the chicken breasts
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until caramelized, browned and cooked through
- Shred the chicken with forks and serve on a bun, using a spoon to pour extra sauce over the chicken
- If your sauce didn’t cook down enough, add the sauce to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until thickened
So simple right? We hope you’ll give it a try. Feel free to let us know how you like it in the comments below!