Here at HFS Federal Credit Union, we always strive to find ways to enhance member service and provide a seamless experience for you. As part of this effort, the Credit Union will be undergoing a system upgrade in June of this year.
Please carefully review the information below. Due to the limited availability of various services, we highly recommend that our members make any necessary preparations in advance of our temporary closure. Please be sure to make any branch transactions no later than May 29th. This would also include large cash withdrawals, if an ATM is not sufficient.
To stay informed on future updates, please look out for our emails. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (808) 930-1400 or toll free at (800) 216-2666.
- Changes to Online Banking (5/28/2020)- Members may notice several difference once logged into Online Banking and the HFS App starting June 2nd. Learn more
- Timeline Available (5/15/2020)- We have made new additions to the timeline. To see how our services will be impacted during this upgrade, please refer to the table below. Learn more
|Services||Thursday, May 28||Friday, May 29||Saturday, May 30 – Monday, June 1||Tuesday, June 2|
|Branch Lobbies||Open (normal business hours)||Closed||Open (normal business hours)|
|Call Center||Open (normal business hours)||Closed||Open (normal business hours)|
|Online Banking & HFS App||Available||Available until 6 pm HST||Not Available||Available|
|Bill Pay||Available||Available until 6 pm HST||Not Available (Payments will process as scheduled)||Available|
|Automated Phone Banking||Available||Available until 6 pm HST||Not Available||Available (Please re-enroll by following phone prompts)|
|Scheduled Transfers & ACH||Will process as scheduled|
|Express Deposit & Night Drops||Available||Last pick up at 5 pm HST||Available however deposits will be processed on Tuesday, June 2nd||Available|
|Online Loan Applications||Not Available|
|Debit Cards & ATM Access||Available||Limited availability as of 3 pm HST||Limited Availability||Available|
- Accounts You’ll See- You may notice more or less accounts than you did before. Members will now be able to view all accounts and loans that they are authorized to see. This includes Business and Trust Accounts and loans for borrowers and co-borrowers.
- Transaction Descriptions- While viewing your account history, you may notice slightly different descriptions for some of your transactions.
- Member to Member Transfers- Although this service is changing, you may notice that it now asks for a Share ID or Loan ID instead of a Suffix to transfer the funds to. This ID is 4 numbers long and can be found on your details page. Here’s some common IDs you may use:
- 0000 = Savings Account
- 0008= Checking Account
- NEW Loan Payments Tab- In the menu, under Transactions will be a new tab “Loan Payments”. Easily make payments to your HFS loans and credit cards! You can even use this page to get your payoff amount information or make principal payments.
- NEW eNotices- No need to wait for the mail any more. With eNotices, you’ll quickly be notified of important matters regarding your account. Click on Services, then Statements to view your notices (but you’ll also receive an email when one is ready for you).
- Intuit Products- The system upgrade should not affect your connectivity to Quickbooks and Quicken. However, if you do have do experience problems, please use the instructions below:
- Quicken for Windows Direct Connect
- Quicken for Mac Direct Connect
- QuickBooks for Online (Express Web Connect)- service will be interrupted for up to 3 – 5 business
days after June 1, 2020.
- QuickBooks for Windows Direct Connect
- QuickBooks for Mac Direct Connect
- Mint users should not open Mint for 3 – 5 business days after June 1, 2020 to ensure it is properly
Online Banking & HFS App
Question: Will this upgrade force me to change or reset my online banking username and password?
Answer: No, you will be able to log in using your same credentials.
Question: Will I be able to access online banking during this time?
Answer: No, Online Banking and the HFS App will be unavailable from Friday at 6 pm HST through Monday, June 1,2020.
Question: Is Automated Phone Banking the same as the Call Center?
Answer: No, you would have needed to opt into our Automated Phone Banking System. It is accessed by calling (808) 930-1489 or toll-free (877) 930-1489.
Question: What is a Night Drop?
Answer: Every branch has a Night Drop Box located outside of their building. You may deposit checks by completing the provided envelope and enclosing your deposit.
Question: What does “limited availability” on our debit card mean?
Answer: Your debit card may be unavailable for use. Because of this, we are strongly encouraging members to have an alternative means of payment during our system upgrade weekend such as cash, checks, credit card, etc.