Here at HFS Federal Credit Union, we always strive to find ways to enhance member service and provide a seamless experience for you. As part of this effort, the Credit Union will be undergoing a system upgrade in June of this year.
Most members received a postcard in the mail over the weekend regarding our system upgrade. We apologize that this piece took longer to arrive than anticipated. As you know, our system upgrade is complete and all services are now available. As a reminder, there are a few changes that impact our members, especially those utilizing Online Banking and the HFS App. You may review those changes below.
- Update Complete (6/2/2020)- All branches are now open during regular business hours and the 24/7 call center is available. In addition, Online Banking, the HFS App, Automated Phone Banking, Online Loan Applications and Debit Cards are available for use. Mahalo for your patience and cooperation as we completed our upgrade.
- Changes to Online Banking (5/28/2020)- Members may notice several difference once logged into Online Banking and the HFS App starting June 2nd. Learn more
- Timeline Available (5/15/2020)- We have made new additions to the timeline. To see how our services will be impacted during this upgrade, please refer to the table below. Learn more
|Services||Thursday, May 28||Friday, May 29||Saturday, May 30 – Monday, June 1||Tuesday, June 2|
|Branch Lobbies||Open (normal business hours)||Closed||Open (normal business hours)|
|Call Center||Open (normal business hours)||Closed||Open (normal business hours)|
|Online Banking & HFS App||Available||Available until 6 pm HST||Not Available||Available|
|Bill Pay||Available||Available until 6 pm HST||Not Available (Payments will process as scheduled)||Available|
|Automated Phone Banking||Available||Available until 6 pm HST||Not Available||Available (Please re-enroll by following phone prompts)|
|Scheduled Transfers & ACH||Will process as scheduled|
|Express Deposit & Night Drops||Available||Last pick up at 5 pm HST||Available however deposits will be processed on Tuesday, June 2nd||Available|
|Online Loan Applications||Not Available|
|Debit Cards & ATM Access||Available||Limited availability as of 3 pm HST||Limited Availability||Available|
Changes to Online Banking & HFS App
- Accounts You’ll See- You may notice more or less accounts than you did before. Members will now be able to view all accounts and loans that they are authorized to see. This includes Business and Trust Accounts and loans for borrowers and co-borrowers.
- Transaction Descriptions- While viewing your account history, you may notice slightly different descriptions for some of your transactions.
- Member to Member Transfers- Although this service is changing, you may notice that it now asks for a Share ID or Loan ID instead of a Suffix to transfer the funds to. This ID is 4 numbers long and can be found on your details page. Here’s some common IDs you may use:
- 0000 = Savings Account
- 0008= Checking Account
- Real-Time Balances- If you’ve become accustomed to seeing the green bar as your accounts were updating, this will no longer show up. Balances will now be shown in real-time when you log in.
- Pending Transactions- Great news for our debit card users! With the upgrade, you’ll now be able to see pending card transactions. You’ll also be able to see pending payroll distributions. Please note that there will be a date included in the description stating when the funds will be posted and available.
- Loan History– If you have a loan, you’ll notice a difference with your payment history within Online Banking. Any loan payments made prior to June 1st are displayed in green with a + sign. Any payments made moving forward, will show in black with a – sign. This visual change does not impact your payments in any way.
- NEW Loan Payments Tab- In the menu, under Transactions will be a new tab “Loan Payments”. Easily make payments to your HFS loans and credit cards! You can even use this page to get your payoff amount information or make principal payments.
- NEW eNotices- No need to wait for the mail any more. With eNotices, you’ll quickly be notified of important matters regarding your account. Click on Services, then Statements to view your notices (but you’ll also receive an email when one is ready for you).
- Intuit Products- The system upgrade should not affect your connectivity to QuickBooks and Quicken. However, if you do have do experience problems, please use the instructions below:
- Quicken for Windows Direct Connect
- Quicken for Mac Direct Connect
- QuickBooks for Online (Express Web Connect)- service will be interrupted for up to 3 – 5 business
days after June 1, 2020.
- QuickBooks for Windows Direct Connect
- QuickBooks for Mac Direct Connect
- Mint users should not open Mint for 3 – 5 business days after June 1, 2020 to ensure it is properly
Frequently Asked Questions
Online Banking & HFS App
Question: Will this upgrade force me to change or reset my online banking username and password?
Answer: No, you will be able to log in using your same credentials.
Question: Will I be able to access online banking during this time?
Answer: No, Online Banking and the HFS App will be unavailable from Friday at 6 pm HST through Monday, June 1,2020.
Question: Is Automated Phone Banking the same as the Call Center?
Answer: No, you would have needed to opt into our Automated Phone Banking System. It is accessed by calling (808) 930-1489 or toll-free (877) 930-1489.
Question: What is a Night Drop?
Answer: Every branch has a Night Drop Box located outside of their building. You may deposit checks by completing the provided envelope and enclosing your deposit.
Question: What does “limited availability” on our debit card mean?
Answer: Your debit card may be unavailable for use. Because of this, we are strongly encouraging members to have an alternative means of payment during our system upgrade weekend such as cash, checks, credit card, etc.
I called to make sure this message was on the up & up they said they didn’t know anything about this in your email update for this month. Bank person I spoke to wanted to know if I had it still in my email, but I’d deleted it, but I now have it here because it was in my trash. Is this a valid change happening in June or is this some kind of scam.
Thank you for following up with us. Yes, this is a valid change that will be happening in June. We will have more details about the various services that will be impacted on this blog post and we’ll continue to send more emails as information becomes available. I’ll also be sure to reach out to our internal and overflow call center to make sure everyone is aware of this change. Mahalo!
I’m not able to log into my account, I’ve gotten an error messages on both the app & online. Is this an upgrade issue? I know it’s not my usernane or password, I just logged in on my app a couple days ago with no problem.
We’re sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty logging into your account. However, this is not related to the system upgrade. Please give us a call at (808) 930-1400 and we can help figure out what’s happening. Mahalo!
If someone at another bank tries to cash a check I’ve written, while the updates are taking place, will the check go through?
Aloha Stu, yes the check will go through even while the updates are taking place. Mahalo for asking!
You are saying debit card maybe unavailable for those days? Don’t you know for sure? So if I use my debit card for purchase it will decline even though there is sufficient funds on 5/30-6/1?
It is a possibility that a purchase could be declined while we are going through the system upgrade. We strongly are encouraging all members to have an alternate method of payment during this time. If you have our credit card, this will work without any interruptions during the upgrade. You could also use checks or cash. If you plan to take out cash from an ATM, please do so by 3 pm HST on Friday, May 29th before the upgrade begins. As a reminder our branches and call center will also be closed from Saturday through Monday. Mahalo!
Will this upgrade allow us to see our pending transactions online?
Unfortunately, the upgrade will not allow pending transactions to be seen online. However, you still will be able to view your available versus current balance. Mahalo!
Time for a bank run!!!!
I have an auto payment that goes out monthly about this time… will the auto payment still go through?
I may need to notify the company.
Aloha Bonnie, any scheduled or automatic payments will process as usual so your payment will go through. Mahalo!
I wanted to deposit monies this week, but all branches were closed, so will overdraft fees be waved during this time? I wanted to deposit money to prevent this from my account but all branches were closed.
We just reached out to you directly via email regarding your question. Mahalo!
So when calling to check balance, transfer within same acct do we call 930-1489? N what do we use for the security code? Would it be our telephone passcode
Yes, to access Automated Phone Banking you would call 930-1489. You will have to re-enroll which includes setting a new login code, so just follow the prompts when you call and it’ll walk you through the re-enrollment process. If you are referring to our Call Center, you would call (808) 930-1400 and they will ask for your telephone passcode. Mahalo!
Do you have seller to send money to outside bank like chase. And how would you set that up
We do have a feature in Online Banking called Send Money that will allow you to use your HFS Debit Card to send money to another person. If you haven’t signed up for Online Banking yet, you’ll need to do that first. Then, just follow the on screen directions to complete a Send Money transaction. If you need assistance, please give us a call at (808) 930-1400. Mahalo!
since the system upgrade, i have been unable to access bill pay on my apple tablet.. error message is “session timed out, relaunch bill pay”..where or how do i do this…no options on your drop down menu or in the help tab. please help…
Hi Karoll, we’re sorry to hear that you’re not able to access Bill Pay. Bill Pay can be launched through Online Banking. Once logged in to Online Banking, click the Transactions tab on the left, and choose Pay Bills. If this does not work, please give us a call at (808) 930-1400 or toll free at (800) 216-2666 so that we can assist you with figuring out what’s happening. Mahalo!
Thank you for being my credit union.
Mahalo for the professional and friendly service!
Mahalo for the kind comment! We are always happy to be of assistance and strive for excellent service. Thank you for being a member!