- Announcement (4/1/2022)- Welcome to our Debit and Share Card Upgrade page which will have all the information you will need to know about the upcoming changes. Stay tuned for more updates.
|Late June 2022||New HFS Visa® Debit Cards and Share Cards mailed to current cardholders.|
|Sunday, July 10, 2022||Last day to use your current debit or share card.
Also, last day to use the CardValet® App, which will be discontinued. All current users should have received notice by email.
|Monday, July 11, 2022||1. First day to activate, set your PIN (Personal Identification Number), and begin using your new debit or share card.
2. Update your card information wherever it is saved.
3. Download the HFS Cards App to access your new card controls.
4. Securely dispose of your old card
- Brand new card design (for both debit and share cards)
- No more foreign transaction fees
- More ways to pay! Tap, swipe or insert your card to pay
- Increased fraud monitoring and alerts to better protect you
- More card controls through the HFS Cards App
Common Member Questions:
Question: Will there be changes to my card’s terms and conditions?
Answer: All existing terms and conditions will remain the same with the exception of the following:
- Foreign Transaction fees have been eliminated
- New customer service after-hours phone number:
- Customer Service: 866-652-7214
Question: Are there changes in the fees?
Answer: Yes, we are eliminating foreign transaction fees to further benefit our cardholders.
Question: Will my card information change?
Answer: Yes. Cardholders will be receiving new card numbers so it will be very important to update your debit card information with any companies that you’ve set up automatic payment with. Tip: Do you have Online Banking? Click on Menu > Transactions > CardSwap. If you’ve never used this handy feature, it allows you to update your payment information with popular subscription and streaming services, merchants, and more all in one place!
You’ll also notice that your name, card number and expiration date are now on the back of your card. This is another way of helping to protect your sensitive information at store checkouts and ATMs. With your information on the back, when inserting your card into the machine or tapping your card, your sensitive data is no longer visible to those next to you.
Question: What is a Contactless card and what are the benefits?
Answer: The new Contactless feature is now available on all debit cards. A Contactless card payment utilizes a Radio Frequency (RF) technology, allowing cardholders to “wave” their Contactless card over a Contactless-enabled point-of-sale (POS) terminal. The embedded antenna transmits the payment info to the Contactless-enabled terminal using a one-time use code with each transaction. These new features allow for a secure, fast, and easy transaction process.
Question: Will I be able to add my debit card to a digital wallet?
Answer: You will have the ability to add your new HFS Visa® Debit Card to digital wallets, including Apple Wallet, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay, and more!
Question: How secure are Contactless Cards?
Answer: Every Contactless card payment transaction includes a one-time use, dynamic data for the transaction. This same data cannot be used for other transactions. In addition, each Contactless device must have its own unique secret key and this key is never transmitted.
Question: How do I make a Contactless card transaction?
- Verify that there is a Contactless symbol on the transaction terminal.
- Tap or hold your Visa debit card within 3 inches of the transaction terminal.
Question: How do I use my card if a Store’s terminal does not have the Contactless symbol/feature?
Answer: Your new debit card also includes an embedded microchip and magnetic stripe, so that if you find your favorite stores have not updated their transaction terminals, you can use your new card in the same way that you had used a standard card.