The health and safety of our members and staff continue to be of utmost importance at HFS Federal Credit Union.
In regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), our credit union is aware of the situation and we are currently taking steps to prepare in the event of an emergency. This includes the impact an emergency situation may have on our membership and staff.
- Banking with HFS
- Financial Assistance
- Practice Healthy Habits
- Stay Well Informed
- Hours (3/24/2020)- At this time, all branch locations remain open for business. However, beginning March 25th, HFS will be implementing a Kupuna Hour during the first hour of business at each branch location. This will be in effect Monday – Friday. Learn more
- Social Distancing (3/24/2020)- To best protect our staff and members, please cooperate with the staff in our lobby as we make adjustments for safe social distancing practices. This may include limiting the number of people in the lobby and maintaining a 6 foot distance between you and a staff member during transactions, while waiting to be serviced, during appointments, etc. Learn more
Effective March 30, 2020, to avoid lines and congestion in each branch lobby, members will be asked to wait at the door until they can be immediately serviced by a Member Service Representative.
- Alternate Services (3/23/2020)- During this time, we strongly encourage our members to utilize alternative means to complete your financial transactions to limit your need for coming into a branch. Please utilize online banking, night drops and express deposits, drive thrus, our Call Center and ATMs. Learn more
- Fraud and Scams (3/23/2020)- As always, please remember to stay vigilant with your sensitive information including online banking login and passwords, account numbers, debit and credit card information, etc. HFS will never ask for your information over the phone or email. If you receive a request and are unsure of it’s legitimacy, please call HFS directly at 930-1400.
- Financial Assistance (3/20/2020)- Programs ranging from consolidation loans to payment deferrals are available to members who have been directly affected and are now, or may soon be, realizing financial difficulties. For assistance, please call 930-1400 and ask to speak to a Loan Officer. Learn more
At this time, all branch locations remain open for business.
All branches will continue to operate during normal business hours. However, beginning March 25th, HFS will be implementing a Kupuna Hour during the first hour of business at each branch location. This will be in effect Monday – Friday.
The HFS Call Center continues to be available 24/7. For assistance, you may call 930-1400 or (800) 216-2666 toll free.
Should any of these change, we will notify our members as soon as possible. Please monitor your emails, our social media channels and this blog for updates.
Please remember that, unlike a hurricane or earthquake, COVID-19 is unlikely to physically affect any electronic banking or payment systems. For this reason, you will continue to have uninterrupted access to all your funds through ATMs, online banking, debit cards, and credit cards. If you have our online banking app, you can even deposit checks from anywhere you have an internet connection. Please rest assured that you will always have access to your money at HFS. We strongly encourage our members to sign up for and utilize the following products and services to limit your need to come into a branch during this time.
- Online Banking and the HFS App (including Mobile Deposit)- check your balance, transfer money, deposit checks, and more!
- HFS Share Card or Debit Card– HFS members may utilize any Bank of Hawaii ATM, surcharge-free.
- Night Drops and Express Deposits are available at all HFS branch locations. Simply place your deposit in the provided envelope and we’ll process the transaction for you.
- Our Hilo and Kea‘au Offices both have a drive thru option available to you.
- The HFS Call Center is available to you 24/7
For any questions on setting up any of these services, please call us at 930-1400 or (800) 216-2666 toll-free or send us a message.
Steps we are taking to protect the health of our members and staff include:
- Encouraging staff to practice safe hygiene throughout the day including using sanitizers and hand washing. This also includes asking those that are sick or have recently traveled to stay home for a period of time.
- Increase cleaning and sanitizing of desks, equipment, and lobby throughout the day. Members are encouraged to utilize hand sanitizing stations located in each lobby before and after conducting transactions.
- Practicing safe social distancing when interacting with other staff and members. This includes keeping a minimum of 6 feet distance. Adjustments have been made to lobbies and desks accordingly. Members may also be asked to wait at the door until they can be immediately serviced by a Member Service Representative. Please follow the directions of our staff as we continue to make changes to better protect the health and safety of everyone.
Fraud and Scams
As always, please remember to stay vigilant with your sensitive information including online banking login and passwords, account numbers, debit and credit card information, etc. HFS will never ask for your information over the phone or email. If you receive a request and are unsure of its legitimacy, please call HFS directly at 930-1400.
We also would like to reassure our members that HFS FCU continues to be a strong and sound financial institution. Your shares are protected up to $250,000 through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. For more information please review How Your Accounts are Federal Insured published by the National Credit Union Administration.
Programs ranging from consolidation loans to payment deferrals are available to members who have been directly affected and are now, or may soon be, realizing financial difficulties. For assistance, please call 930-1400 and ask to speak to a Loan Officer.
Everyone should begin practicing these basic preventative measures to reduce the spreading of germs and better protect your health:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Stay at least three feet away from someone coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay home if you feel unwell
At this time, we highly encourage our community to stay informed about the Coronavirus from a reputable resource such as those listed below.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has valuable resources including protective measures, practicing food safety, staying healthy while traveling and more.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also provides information about how the Coronavirus spreads, symptoms, prevention, testing and more.
- You can also stay vigilant by staying up to date with our County’s Civil Defense updates or Hawaii State Department of Health.
HFS Federal Credit Union