We are always looking for ways to improve the value of our products and services for our members and this summer, our credit card program is getting a boost!
- Updates (7/16/2021)- Updates and tips when using your new cards. See our FAQ section.
- Live (7/12/2021)- Your new Platinum Card is now live! Be sure to activate your card, properly dispose of your old card, and enroll in CURewards!
- Updates (4/30/2021)- More FAQs added to further prepare cardholders for the upgrade.
- Announcement (4/1/2021)- Welcome to our Credit Card Upgrade page which will have all the information you will need to know about the changes coming to your card. Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer.
|Late June 2021||New HFS Visa Platinum® Credit Cards mailed to current cardholders||Completed|
|Thursday, July 1, 2021||Last day to earn uChoose Rewards®||Completed|
|Friday, July 2, 2021||All purchases will begin accruing CURewards® points||Completed|
|Thursday, July 8, 2021||Last day to redeem points with uChoose Rewards®. Any points not used will be converted to CURewards® points and will be available for redemption in the CURewards® platform within 1-2 weeks.||Completed|
|Saturday, July 10, 2021||Last day to use your current HFS Rewards Visa® Credit Card||Completed|
|Sunday, July 11, 2021||First day to activate and use your new card. Remember to properly dispose of your old HFS Rewards Visa® Credit Card.||Completed|
|Friday, July 16, 2021||Sign in to your HFS Online Banking or the Mobile App to access your new card app and controls. In the meantime, for assistance with your new card, you may also call (808) 930-1400 or the Customer Service number on the back of your new card.|
- Brand new card design featuring photography from Bruce Omori of Extreme Exposure, LLC
- New features and exiting rewards program, CURewards®
- No more foreign transaction fees
- Pay how you want! Tap, swipe or insert your card to pay
- Increased fraud monitoring and alerts to better protect you
- More card controls through HFS Online Banking and the Mobile App
- Additional protections and benefits, complimentary with your card
- Learn all about the new HFS Visa Platinum® Credit Card
Common Member Questions This Week:
Question: Why can’t I activate my card?
Answer: Please be sure you are calling from a phone number that is on file with the credit union. If you are not calling from a phone number on file with HFS, the automated activation system or a live representative can assist you with alternative options to activate your new card.
Question: Why is my card being declined?
Answer: Be sure that you are using your new HFS Visa Platinum® Credit Card. Your old HFS Rewards Visa® Credit Card will no longer work. If you are attempting to make a transaction with your new card and it is being declined, please contact us at (808) 930-1400 so we can assist you.
Question: I’m trying to access card controls on my phone but my username and password doesn’t work.
Our new card management app can be accessed through your HFS Mobile App. See below for instructions:
- Launch and log in to your HFS Mobile App
- Tap the Menu button, then click Services, and View Credit Card
- If this is your first time, it will prompt you to visit the App Store to download the Credit Card App. Please proceed with downloading the HFS Cards App. (App icon pictured here for your reference)
- If this is your first time, open the app, review the disclosures, and select the enroll tab. You will also need to create a new username and password specifically for the Cards App. This should be different than your HFS Online Banking login.
- Proceed with the enrollment steps to access your card controls.
Question: Why can’t I access my card controls on a computer?
Answer: This feature was not available early on, but all cardholders should now be able to access card controls on a computer through HFS Online Banking. If you have already enrolled in the HFS Cards App, it will ask you to verify your account. If you have not already enrolled, you will need to enroll using your card number and create a user ID and password. This should be different than your Online Banking login.
To access card controls through HFS Online Banking, once logged in, click Services and select View Credit Card.
Question: I can’t register for CURewards.
Answer: Be sure when registering to use the primary cardholder’s information.
Question: When I register for CURewards, it asks for a 16 digit account number. Where do I find this?
Answer: You should use the 16 digit credit card number on your new card to register.
Question: I didn’t receive my new card in the mail.
Answer: Please call us at (808) 930-1400 for assistance.
Question: Will there be changes to my credit card terms and conditions?
Answer: All existing terms and conditions will remain the same with the exception of the following:
- Certain fees have been eliminated
- New rewards program
- New customer service phone numbers and payment address
- Customer Service: (866) 604-8153, International: (727) 299-2449
- Payment Address: PO Box 60510, City of Industry, CA 91716-0510
Question: Will my interest rate change?
Answer: The interest rate on your current card will follow the same variable rate structure as it does now. Rate is 8.75% APR as of April 1, 2021. The stated rate of 8.75% APR is a variable rate and is based upon the Prime rate (index) as published in the Wall Street Journal plus a margin of 5.50%. The APR may be adjusted quarterly on the first day of January, April, July and October with a maximum rate of 18%. The index value is determined as of 10 days before the date of any annual percentage rate adjustment. The current index value is 3.25% as of 04/01/2021.
Question: Are there changes in the fees?
Answer: Yes, we are eliminating some fees to further benefit our cardholders. In addition to no annual fees we have also eliminated the document copy fees and foreign transaction fees.
Question: Will my card information change?
Answer: Yes. Cardholders will be receiving new credit card numbers so it will be very important to update your information with any companies that you’ve set up automatic payment with. Tip: Do you have Online Banking? Click on Menu > Transactions > CardSwap. If you’ve never used this handy feature, it allows you to update your payment information with popular subscription and streaming services, merchants, and more all in one place!
You’ll also notice that your name, card number and expiration date is now on the back of your card. This is another way of helping to protect your sensitive information at store checkouts and ATMs. With your information on the back, when inserting your card into the machine or tapping your card, your sensitive data is no longer visible to those next to you.
Questions: What are the protections and benefits that will be available with my new card?
Answer: You’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits you had, complementary with your Rewards Card, and more! You can review a copy of the HFS Visa Platinum Credit Card Benefits Guide for complete details.
Question: What is going to happen with my uChoose Rewards® points that I don’t redeem?
Answer: Rest assured that you will not lose your accrued points, they will be automatically converted to the new program and will not expire for 4 years. We will have more details soon rewarding your new rewards program, CURewards®. However, if you would like to redeem your points for something on uChoose®, please feel free to do so before July 8, 2021.
Don’t forget to register for your new CURewards® account at www.curewards.com using your new HFS Visa Platinum® Credit Card information. You can also enroll in CURewards® by clicking on the points total in the credit card portal accessed through HFS Online Banking.
Question: Will I be able to still look at my previous electronic credit card statements?
Answer: No. Unfortunately after July 8, 2021, you will no longer have access to the current credit card site. If you will need copies of any of your previous statements, please download a copy prior to July 8, 2021.
Question: What is a Contactless card and what are the benefits?
Answer: A Contactless card payment utilizes a Radio Frequency (RF) technology, allowing cardholders to “wave” their Contactless card over a Contactless-enabled point-of-sale (POS) terminal. The embedded antenna transmits the payment info to the Contactless-enabled terminal using a one-time use code with each transaction. These new features allow for a secure, fast, and easy transaction process.
Question: How secure are Contactless Cards?
Answer: Every Contactless card payment transaction includes a one-time use, dynamic data for the transaction. This same data cannot be used for other transactions. In addition, each Contactless device must have its own unique secret key and this key is never transmitted.
Question: How do I make a Contactless card transaction?
- Verify that there is a Contactless symbol on the transaction terminal.
- Tap or hold your Visa card within 3 inches or so to a transaction terminal.
Question: How do I use my card if a Store’s terminal does not have the Contactless symbol/feature?
Answer: Your new card also includes an embedded microchip and magnetic stripe, so that if you find your favorite stores have not updated their transaction terminals, you can use your new card in the same way that you had used a standard card.