There seems to be a National Day for just about everything now, including Spinach!
National Spinach Day
March 26th marked National Spinach Day, so what better thing to feature in our Simple Eats for this month than spinach! It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used in many dishes or eaten alone in a salad. For today’s Simple Eats recipe, we’re sharing the details for a 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta!
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside.
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the pasta and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted. If the pasta starts to dry out, add in some of the reserved pasta water. We usually add about 1/3 cup. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Have you tried making this recipe? Let us know how you liked it! This recipe can be found on the Two Peas & Their Pod website, check it out!