A very important day is almost here...Father's Day!
This one day out of the year is dedicated to all of the wonderful and loving fathers out there (dog dads count too), but sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect gift. We’ve put together some options that your dad would love!
- Although many dads out there may already have one, if your dad doesn’t, this is a great gift that keeps on giving! It’s a great gift for dad to take to work, when he goes fishing or hunting, to the beach or just on a day in town to help keep his favorite drink either ice cold or piping hot. Many local stores carry these (or other similar varieties) in many different sizes, or you can find it on Amazon.
- Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Does your dad like to listen to his favorite tunes? A Bluetooth speaker lets him take his tunes with him wherever he goes. It’s great for your dad to use while he’s out in the garage tinkering with his car, mowing the lawn, out at the beach or working on a home project. Some waterproof Bluetooth speakers can get pricey, but you can find great versions online (like Amazon) for under $50.
- Portable Battery Charger
- If your dad spends a lot of time on his cell phone, a portable battery charger is the perfect option to make sure he always has a working phone while on the go. This is a great option for your budget, with options ranging from $30 or less.
- Gift Card
- Maybe you want to give your dad the option to pick out what he wants, and that’s where a gift card becomes the perfect gift! You probably know his favorite store and by choosing a gift card you can choose the denomination that works for your budget. If your dad loves a certain restaurant, you can also choose a restaurant gift card and even join him for a meal!
- Handmade Gift
- Budgets can get tight, which makes hand made gifts a wonderful option to keep your finances in check while still making sure dad feels special on Father’s Day. Whether it’s a personalized gift or a handmade greeting card, dad is sure to love it because you made it just for him! Baking him a sweet treat is also another great option.
- Time is one of the most precious gifts that anyone can give, and it won’t cost you a thing! Plan to spend some extra time with dad on Father’s Day. It could be hanging on the couch watching a movie, having lunch at the kitchen table, helping with a project, or spending time at the beach. Whatever it is, it’s a gift that dad will appreciate.
If you find that your budget is extra tight this year with not much room for a gift budget, that’s okay! Do what you can and maybe look towards some of the less expensive gifts, like a handmade card or spending extra time with dad. However, you can plan ahead for next year. If you want to spend a little extra on Father’s day for a special gift, start saving now. Give yourself an amount that you’d like to spend and divide that by 12 to figure out how much you should save each month in order to purchase that gift for next year. If you want to save $150 by next Father’s Day, you’ll want to put aside $12.50 each month to reach that goal.
We’d love to hear from you too! If you have other ideas for Father’s Day gifts, leave them in the comments below. Have a Happy Father’s Day!
Leave a Reply