If you're looking for some healthier recipes, check this one out! Heads up, this one is made in the Instant Pot, but can probably be adapted fairly easily to be cooked on the stove instead. By the way, it's a great day for chili because February 27th is National Chili Day.
This recipe is not only a healthier chili (it’s vegetarian), but it’s absolutely delicious! One of our staff members has made this multiple times and encouraged us to share it with you all. Plus, the fact that it can be made in the Instant Pot is a huge bonus! Talk about an easy weeknight meal. This recipe was found in the “Instant Pot Favorite Recipes” book, along with many other great recipes. Here’s the info you’ll need to make the Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (approximately 15 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can (about 14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (about 14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, or water
- Optional toppings include sour cream, sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese and/or tortilla chips
- Press Saute; heat oil in Instant Pot. Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until softened. Add chili powder, garlic, salt, chipotle chili powder and cumin; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add beans, sweet potato, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and broth; mix well.
- Secure the lid and make sure the pressure release valve is sealed. Press Manual; cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, press Cancel and use quick release.
- Press Saute; cook and stir 3 – 5 minutes or until the chili thickens to the desired consistency. Serve with any of the optional toppings that you’d like.
So easy right? Dinner will be ready in no time!
Leave a Reply