We know that the process of buying a new car can be both exciting and stressful at the same time. That's why we asked Kurt Williams, Big Island Toyota's Senior Sales Manager for his top 5 tips when buying a new car.
- Work with someone you like. You’re making a big purchase, so make sure you feel comfortable with your salesperson and dealership. You should be able to ask them questions about the vehicles and throughout the buying process. It doesn’t hurt to do your research too.
- Make sure it’s what you want. Remember, a vehicle is the 2nd largest purchase you’re going to make. Spend your money on something you really want and that best fits your needs.
- A great deal is a feeling, not a price. If you like the salesperson, the dealership, love the vehicle and it’s financially comfortable for you, take the leap and make the purchase! (Also see tip #4.) You’ll be happy!
- Don’t let a few dollars get in your way of making the right decision. We’re not saying to spend more than you’ve budgeted, but if everything lines up, this may not be a make or break deal. Ask your Loan Officer how much more your payments will be and see if you’re still comfortable fitting that into your monthly budget. Another option may be doing a slightly larger down payment to make up the difference. See what your options are.
- Enjoy your new ride. You and your family deserve it!
Mahalo for your tips Kurt!
Don’t forget, HFS is having a “Celebrate your independence” Auto Loan Special now until July 31st! Click here for more details about our special, and be sure to visit our awesome dealer partners like Big Island Toyota!