In accordance with Article V of the Credit Union’s bylaws, as amended, and approved by the National Credit Union Administration, the following procedure will be followed for the Nomination and Election of the Board of Directors.
NOMINATIONS will be made by the Nominating Committee. Additional nominations may be made by petition, the requirements for which are as follows:
- The forms for the petition, certification and statements shall be provided by the Credit Union.
- Petition shall be signed by not less than 508 members of this Credit Union who are eligible to vote (members 16 years of age or older).
- The nominee shall be not less than 16 years of age as of February 26, 2020.
- Only one nominee shall be contained on each petition.
- The nominating petition, together with a statement of qualifications, biographical data and certification of intent to serve if elected to office, shall be filed with the Nominating Committee
on or before January 17, 2020.
The election will be by ballot boxes. Balloting as necessary will be conducted from February 14, 2020 through February 21, 2020 at the Credit Union offices.
There will be no balloting and no nominations from the floor at the Business Meeting if there is only one nominee per office. Balloting where necessary will have been completed prior to the Business Meeting. Nominations from the floor will be called and elections held at the Annual Meeting only in the event that sufficient nominations have not been made by the Nominating Committee or by the petition for each of the offices to be filled. Only those positions without a nominee shall be subject to nominations from the floor. The results of these procedures will be announced at the Business Meeting which will be held on February 26, 2020.
The following are the offices to be filled and the nominations submitted by the Nominating Committee:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS, two (2) seats to be filled for a 3-year term:
- Member of HFS Federal Credit Union since 1986
- Director, County of Hawaii Department of Liquor Control
- Colonel and Staff Judge Advocate for the Hawaii Army National Guard (retired)
- Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Hawaii
- Bachelor of Science, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon
HUGH Y. ONO, P.E.
- Member of HFS Federal Credit Union since 1970
- Vice President in charge of SSFM International, Inc.’s Hawaii Island Office
- Department of Transportation, Highways Division, State of Hawaii, Division Administrator (retired)
A copy of the specific bylaws provisions for these procedures and applicable implementation policies are available at the Credit Union’s main office (632 Kinoole Street, Hilo, Hawaii) for your inspection.
Leave a Reply