Are you a Big Island High School senior or the parent of a senior who is planning to attend college in the fall?
You’ll be glad to know that we are now accepting applications for the 2019 Scholarship Program. We know that college can be a big expense, so we’re offering seven (7) $2,500 scholarships, for a total of $17,500.
For a list of minimum qualifications and submission requirements, see information below. Remember, all applications must be postmarked by Thursday, February 28, 2019 in order to be considered.
- HFS Federal Credit Union member in good standing
- Big Island High School Senior with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Will attend an accredited 2 or 4 year Vocational-Technical School, College or University in the 2019-2020 academic year, as a Full Time student (12+ credits)
- Financial Need
- Completed Application
- Official Transcript
- First Page of Student Aid Report from FAFSA showing EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (must include 1 non-academic, ex; employer, church leader, etc.)
- Resume (must include achievements and/or honors you have received, community service, extracurricular activities, and work experience, as applicable)
- Personal Statements (maximum two typewritten pages) addressing the following prompts:
- Describe your career and personal goals.
- Choose any community service, extracurricular activity or work experience that you have participated in and tell is how this has impacted your life.
Related Blog Posts:
Applying for College Scholarships