Most of us look forward to those times when holidays fall on a Monday or Friday and we get a 3-day weekend.
In case you’re looking for ways to maximize that extra day you’ve gained, we’re here with 5 different ways you can spend that 3-day weekend.
- Binge Watch Netflix – If you’re just looking to relax after a busy week, put your feet up, grab the remote and let the marathon begin. Don’t forget to have a good snack nearby for when you get hungry. It’s not hard to get caught up in a new series and not move for hours. I’m sure you’ll feel relaxed after making the time to just do nothing.
- Tidying Up – If you’re like me and just haven’t had a time to do a good cleaning and re-organize, a 3-day weekend is the perfect time! Even if your Saturday and Sunday is packed with activities, you still have that extra day to do as much as you can around the house. Put on some good music, break out the cleaning supplies and do work!
- Go on an adventure – If your adventure is weather dependent, you’ll have to have a back up plan just in case, but it’s a great time to plan an adventure. Take a trip to the beach, have a picnic lunch at the park, go fishing, plan a shopping trip, etc. Whatever it is that you want to do, use this opportunity to plan a day for yourself and loved ones.
- Special Events – Many times your town may have special events taking place on long holiday weekends. Take a look in the newspaper or online and find out what special events are happening in your area. Maybe there’s a rodeo, car races, family fun days or something else that looks appealing to you. Check it out and have a fun day!
- Sleep in – Who doesn’t need some extra sleep? Early weekday mornings and even long commutes can take a toll on your body. If you don’t have any other commitments lined up, sleep an extra hour or two and wake up feeling refreshed! If you physically can’t sleep in because you’re so used to waking up early, try taking a nap or two during the day.
These are just some of the ways you can use your extra time. However you decide to maximize that three-day weekend, take advantage of that time because it may be a little while before the next holiday weekend rolls around.